Welcome to the Feldenkrais Method® Guide’s newsletter and your second Feldenkrais lesson on sitting and moving comfortably.
You second lesson focuses on turning easily while sitting. When we sit in different situations through our day, we have many opportunities to turn. This lesson will help you discover comfortable ways to turn to your left and right so that your head, torso and pelvis can work together.
When the larger parts of the skeleton can work (i.e., the pelvis and ribs) with the head and neck, turning can be done with less effort and greater ease.
As with all Feldenkrais lessons, here are a few guidelines to follow before doing the lesson.
- Move slowly and mindfully so that you can feel each aspect of how you move.
- Don’t stretch, strain or try to break through your limits. Use less effort than you need as you move. You’ll actually improve more quickly as you reduce your effort. “Less is more” in this approach.
- Breathe as you move. Breathing naturally enhances your relaxation.
- Rest whenever you wish, even during directions. Rest helps you integrate improvements.
- Pay careful attention to your comfort.. Never do anything that’s painful. If you do experience any pain, decrease the size and range of movement until the pain disappears. If you can’t eliminate pain, just imagine doing the movement. Experience has shown that you will still receive benefits when using your imagination.
- Each time you repeat a lesson you can learn something new and gain additional improvements. Feel free to repeat any part of the lesson and experiment with the movements throughout your day.
- Don’t do these lessons while driving your car or doing anything else that requires your full attention. Only focus on the lesson at the time you do it.
Before you begin your audio lessons, please ‘Right Click’ Here to download a short audio that will give you instructions for getting the most benefit out of your Feldenkrais lessons.
Once you have listened to the instruction audio above, please download your second free audio lesson by ‘Right Clicking’ here.
If a friend or family member forwarded this message to you and you found it helpful, please feel free to visit this page and subscribe to my Newsletter. You’ll get all of my free lessons and audio recordings sent directly to your Inbox
Thanks for your interest in my Feldenkrais lessons..
Wishing you health and peace,
Email: dan AT FeldenkraisMethodGuide.com
The information contained in www.FeldenkraisMethodGuide.com and the Feldenkrais audio lessons is not a substitute for professional medical advice or a medical exam. You should regularly consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical or mental health, particularly concerning any symptoms that may require diagnosis or medical attention. As with any exercise or health-related program or activity, you should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional before participating in any movement lessons.
www.FeldenkraisMethodGuide.com makes no warranties or guarantees concerning any particular outcome, result, or improvement from participation in the movement lessons. www.FeldenkraisMethodGuide.com is not responsible for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, or other damages, including, but not limited to, economic loss, injury,